Group Company Secretary- Asset Management Company
With restrictions easing and people increasingly returning to the office for some or all of the working week, the beginning of 2022 is shaping up to be a period of big adjustment. Some will be thrilled to return to their old ways and will take it all in their stride, but for others it’s inevitably going to be more unsettling. Whether you’re slotting back into old patterns or forging new routines, it’s important to plan ahead to make your new way of working as productive as possible.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your “office days”:
- Utilise flexible hours – many companies are now a lot more open to flexible working hours, so make the most of it and consider adjusting the time you leave for work and return home by 30 minutes or so. Avoiding the peak rush hour times on public transport will make your commute much more palatable.
- Consider cycling to work – avoiding public transport and getting in some extra exercise is a win-win, so check if your company has a cycle to work scheme and on-site shower facilities.
- Be intentional with your time and energy and set realistic expectations – some tasks are going to be better completed on your office days, whereas some that require extended focus may be best left to one of your days working from home. Be mindful of what you want to achieve over the course of the week and plan your office days accordingly.
- Collaborate with your colleagues – let your team know in advance when you’re going to be in the office so that you can all try to synchronise your office days. The benefit of interacting with one another and sharing ideas and information is one of the standout advantages of shared office space, so make the most of it.
- Reawaken old habits – get excited about those early morning gym sessions you used to fit in before work or preparing yourself a nice lunch the night before. Working from home in your pyjamas has been great, but there were a lot of good things about your old life too!
It would be great to hear about any ideas you have for making the most of your office days and tips for making the commute more pleasant. For me, petitioning Camden Council to stop digging up Clerkenwell Road every other week and messing up my bus route would probably be a good start.
Posted 10/02/2022 By Glenn Oborne
Ready to work with us?
67 Clerkenwell Road