|Job Title:||Regulatory Counsel|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Contact Name:||Liam Walpole|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2020 17:40|
This is a regulatory role in a financial services company at the forefront of the sector
The salary for this role is up to £85,000 plus bonus and pension. It is a relaxed working environment with the potential for flexible working
What will I be doing?
As a Privacy & Regulatory Counsel, you will be working on high-importance compliance matters including:
- Drafting and advising on complex data protection-related documentation such as data processing agreements and data transfer agreements, data protection policies and privacy impact assessments;
- Lead on the privacy aspects for third party negotiations;
- Work closely with the General Counsel to develop and embed the GDPR compliance programme.
Who will I be working with?
This will be a team of 4 - all qualified Solicitors. You will report directly into the General Counsel.
What is the company like?
The business is actively recruiting a General Counsel currently as they look to kick-start their legal function. This provides an exciting opportunity to be a part of a developing function which is integral to the business' growth.
What experience do I need?
Ideally, you would:
- Have 3-6 years' PQE (approximate guideline) (Including SA, Aus and NZ qualified)
- Data privacy experience will be crucial for this role, as will be an appetite to assist the business in other regulatory areas - including payments regs - and some commercial contracts.
My client is accepting applications until the 28th of February. A shortlist will be presented with interviews starting the week commencing 9th February.
If this sounds like something you could be interested in; drop me an email and I will send you a copy of the job description: email@example.com
You can find me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/liam-walpole-64638912a/
or give me a call on 020 3058 8006 .