Manager or Senior Manager
|Job Title:||Manager or Senior Manager|
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £95000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Leena Myers|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2021 16:18|
Main Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will make a significant contribution to the team, providing support for service delivery to Listed Funds and SPV structures. They will be responsible for all aspects of Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance support including arrangements for and attendance at board, committee and shareholder meetings, preparing and filing documentation, regulatory compliance and statutory returns, quarterly corporate governance reporting to Boards, regulatory announcements and market abuse compliance with a key emphasis on mentoring and developing the team.
* Dynamic, self-managed and proactive at all times;
* Possess enthusiasm and want to "go the extra mile";
* High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
* Excellent planning and organisation
* Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities
* Strong problem solving abilities
* Degree 2:1, or equivalent
* Qualified company secretary relevant experience - listed and/or professional/financial services experience essential.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
* Administer and monitor a varied client portfolio with an emphasis on UK listed Investment Trusts within the timescales set and agreed, investigating and suggesting enhancements where necessary, ensuring timely and effective client care
* Possess specific technical knowledge of listed corporates and funds (in particular Investment Trusts), the Companies Act 2006, Market Abuse Regulation, The Listing Rules and Continuing Obligations including the Disclosure & Transparency Regulations and AIM rules. The UK Corporate Governance Code and AIC Code.
* Understand the relevant legislation and ensuring that all activities undertaken meet legislative requirements
* Attend and minute board, committee and shareholder meetings, travelling to client locations as required
* Draft board papers, assemble board packs and ensure distribution to client boards
* Provide review and comment on corporate documentation as required by client and in conjunction with other advisors
* Support the review of the corporate governance section of annual and bi-annual reports in conjunction with direct supervisor, fund accountants and advisors
* Draft company materials including announcements and statutory filings, as appropriate
* Lead the internal board evaluation process for client portfolio.
* Undertake corporate governance framework reviews, as required.
* Act as "trusted advisor" to client portfolio.
* Provide support on corporate governance issues to client portfolios on matters such as NED remuneration, board diversity, ESG.
* Review client structures, complete review processes for client entities, remain aware of risk exposure, including the fulfilment of responsibilities under the review procedures
* Review legal and tax advice where appropriate and be able to interpret /implement relevant advice as required
* Maintain accurate and up to date records of client entities, ensuring all statutory obligations are complied with
* Keep clients' records up to date and ensure all statutory registers are maintained
* Receive, monitor and keep up to date with constitutional, regulatory and listing requirements as applicable to individual clients
* Take responsibility for various other aspects of our service offering, including developing client relationships, keeping up to date with best practice and helping disseminate the same to the wider team, undertaking office administration including billing and project work, as appropriate
* Deal with correspondence, the collating of relevant information and writing of reports, ensuring decisions made or action points agreed are communicated to the relevant parties and completed within timescales set and agreed
* Provide contribution to meeting discussions, as and when required
* Liaising with Chairs and Non Executive Directors.
* Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as investment managers, lawyers and auditors
* Assist with the production, where necessary, of relevant policies and procedures including the development of a knowledge bank
* Manage own billing and cash collection / debtors process, have an awareness of recoverability and work in an efficient manner so as to minimise write-offs
* Remain aware of the obligations for the reporting of unusual transactions and act as a guide to the Department in this respect
* Confident managing own deadlines and diarising workloads
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£60000 - £85000 per annum
£45000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + benefits
12 month FTC - Senior Company Secretary for PLC committees
£80000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
Company Secretarial Assistant
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum