Legal Adviser- 12 Month FTC- Full time
|Job Title:||Legal Adviser- 12 Month FTC- Full time|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Connor Simms|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2016 14:23|
The ideal candidate will have two years' experience in litigation and risk management in the property sector.
My client is one of the fastest growing businesses in recent years and this is a highly sort after opportunity to join one of the global leaders in the market and gain a position with real scope to progress.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Oversee the in-house handling of claim defences within Protocol as appropriate without the need for reference to costly external panel solicitors.
* With the mind-set of a 'self-insured' business, act as a central point for critically reviewing, challenging and testing the validity of claims, providing advice to the business, reserve recommendations and settlement recommendations ensuring that costs to the business are minimised at all times.
* Ensuring optimal use of panel solicitors particularly in terms of cost, including negotiating terms of reference and charges; monitoring legal defence costs; allocating instructions to panel firms; analysing and critically evaluating the advice and recommendations made by panel solicitors.
* Liaise with claimants (typically landlords, tenants and survey clients) and their professional advisers/lawyers to ensure they provide necessary information and documents and in appropriate cases engage with them to resolve claims.
* Assess potential liability on claims, obtain records and documentary evidence, procure retrospective valuation and prudent lending opinions, attend site inspections, and robustly dispute or defend claims where appropriate.
* Engage in court mediation, instruct and liaise with Counsel, finalise any settlement terms in accordance with the protocol where appropriate.
* Ensure that appropriate claims with potential to exceed mandate or issues of overriding importance to the Group are referred to panel solicitors.
* Work closely with the Group's operating businesses, particularly its retail division, surveying and valuation business, conveyancing business, estate management business, plus external claims handlers and advisers.
The client is looking for highly skilled and experienced candidates who are seeking a perfect opportunity to further their career with a market leading company.
If this is you or someone you know please email your CV to Connor Simms via application portal for immediate consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£0.00 per annum
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
Data Protection Lawyer
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits