Company Secretary-Law firm opportunity
|Job Title:||Company Secretary-Law firm opportunity|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Leena Myers|
|Job Published:||August 03, 2021 16:55|
The firm's company Secretarial Services offers a comprehensive range of standard and bespoke services, either on a 'one-off' assignment or on (more typically) as ongoing client support. They deliver this service for all types of companies ranging from start-ups through to publicly listed companies and their subsidiaries. They also have a range of clients with offshore structures.
Key responsibilities and duties in relation will include (but are not limited to):
* Company and LLP incorporations;
* Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors etc.
* Filing of confirmation certificates;
* Change of directors and ARD;
* Organising, preparing agendas for and minuting Board and client meetings;
* Liaising with internal client teams;
* Liaising with external regulators and advisors;
In addition to the above, specific responsibilities in relation to the key client will include:
* Attendance at weekly internal meetings at the client to report on company secretarial matters and take minutes;
* Liaising with offshore directors and advisors in relation to company incorporation;
* Organising liquidations of UK and offshore entities;
* Liaising with accountants to file US Check the Box elections for all entities;
* Preparation of a variety of reports in respect of the portfolio for accountants, insurers etc.
* Dealing with Know Your Customer and other compliance matters for the companies within the portfolio for financial institutions and other professional advisers;
* Creation and maintenance of group structure diagrams;
* Maintenance of a range of internal registers;
* Assisting the client team with due diligence questions and other company secretarial support on deals;
* Creation of data sites on deals for client;
* Liaising with our paralegal pool to implement/oversee specific projects and the items set out above for the client.
The ideal candidate must be ICSA qualified with previous experience in a similar role ideally gained within a law firm; however, we will consider candidates from other professional services backgrounds.
Able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of UK Company Law, and have some practical experience of applying and advising on UK Company Law.
Knowledge of Business and Company Law of the principal offshore jurisdictions is essential.
Self-motivated and proactive. Enthusiastic, confident with good organisational and administration skills. Flexible and able to effectively manage a number of priorities at any one time.
Good communication skills, both oral and written. The ideal candidate will enjoy building relationships with clients and working as part of a wider team.
Strong attention to detail and good IT skills are required. Experience of using Blueprint Company Secretarial software is required
Previous experience with e filing is essential.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Company Secretarial Assistant
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Assistant Company Secretary
£60000 - £75000 per annum + benefits
Company Secretarial Coordinator - Liverpool
£30000 - £31000 per annum
Company Secretarial Assistant - PLC
Up to £55000 per annum + + benefits
Assistant Company Secretary - Regulated
£60000 - £65000 per annum + + benefits