|Job Title:||Company Secretary|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Leena Myers|
|Job Published:||February 09, 2021 11:21|
Top 100 commercial law firm with several offices have a newly created position for a Company Secretary.
The mainstay of the role involves the following:
Assisting two Divisional Business Directors ("DBDs") and the firm's General Counsel ("GC") in providing comprehensive and proactive board and company secretariat support to the firm's two Management Boards
As this is a new role there will initially be a transition period to move across various responsibilities that currently sit with the two DBDs in relation to the operational support of the two management boards.
The role will also provide wider support to the senior management team on significant internal events such as quarterly partners' meetings and our annual partner conference and other senior leadership matters.
* To provide effective, professional support to the GC, the Management Boards and where appropriate
members of the senior management team. Key duties include:
* Leading on proposing, agreeing and circulating agendas in consultation with relevant stakeholders
(having regards to internal governance arrangements and annual schedule of business to be
conducted by both Management Boards);
* Logistics of meetings (appointments, attendance and availability);
* Organising and managing meeting papers - briefing contributors over papers required, collating,
circulating, deadline management;
* Taking minutes and action points; proactively managing meeting follow-up
* Ensuring follow on communications managed through all appropriate channels including minutes
to wider partner group; matters to be raised at partner meetings/firmwide town halls/any other
* Ensuring appropriate and effective use of technology to aid collaboration and information sharing
between the two Management Boards;
* Being proactive and confident in suggesting alternative, more efficient and effective ways ofsupporting and running the Managements Boards.
* Working with Chair and Co-Business Development Directors regarding the quarterly partners
meetings and partner conference content and logistics.
* Providing support to the Management Boards in relation to strategic business planning including:
assisting in the facilitation of the planning process; managing the process by which the Boards review progress against those plans; and generally supporting Board members in the effective delivery of their business planning obligations.
* Undertaking company secretarial tasks (including Companies House filings and maintenance of statutory registers for LS group companies)
* Supporting the GC on elements of partnership governance administration (including running the process of partner votes and elections, preparing draft partner resolutions etc.)
* Experience of working in a dynamic, professional services environment would be ideal;
* Prior company secretarial experience would be an advantage (including any ICSA qualification).
Abilities and desired experience / qualities:
* Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail;
* Able to demonstrate high levels of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality;
* Able to deal confidently with leaders and other senior executives / managers within an organisation;
* Pro-active approach to ensuring that all relevant work is completed in a timely and efficient manner
demonstrating excellent stakeholder management skills;
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
* Strong analytical skills, able to collect, manipulate, analyse and present data from systems and pre-existing
* Solutions-oriented approach to work;
* Proactive in seeking better, more efficient ways of working in order to enhance service provided to
IT skills required:
* Proficient IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint Outlook and Word;
* Experience or knowledge of document management systems would be beneficial but not essential as full
training will be provided.
Educational and professional qualifications required:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent experience level
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
Trainee Company Secretary
£28000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
Assistant Company Secretary
£60000 - £70000 per annum
Senior Company Secretary Assistant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Trainee Company Secretary
£30000 - £35000.00 per annum