|Job Title:||Company Secretary|
|Salary:||£50000 - £70000 per annum + BENEFITS|
|Contact Name:||Leena Myers|
|Job Published:||December 20, 2016 11:36|
Professional services firm seek an entrepreneurial individual to be part of small Company Secretary team providing an outsourced company secretary service to small quoted companies. Current clients are on the Premium list, AIM, ISDX and the Johannesburg stock exchange.
The right individual will command respect in the board room and have the drive to grow the business. They need to be comfortable operating in a hands on manner in a small company environment with little support or management oversight. They need to have quoted company experience and be technically strong.
The job is full time and from time to time will require working outside of normal office hours in order to meet client needs.
The individual will be a chartered secretary or will be a lawyer or accountant with relevant company secretarial experience.
What differentiates our product offering is the quality of service provided to board and committee meetings, helping chairmen schedule the required agenda items, attending meetings and providing high quality minutes that are meaningful when read cold 6 months later. We provide an (outsourced) executive resource for the chairman. We also provide input on governance issues and reporting, assist in the preparation of accounts and maintain statutory books.
This will be a hands on role that requires high standards of professionalism together with commercial awareness. The role requires:
* Knowledge and experience of the Listing Rules, AIM Rules and corporate governance;
* Good standard of technical and practical knowledge of company law and company secretarial practice and corporate governance;
* Initiative to achieve results, and a high level of drive;
* An ability to build relationships at board level and successfully manage expectations;
* An ability to communicate succinctly and appropriately with people at all levels (including strong verbal and written communications skills);
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines;
* Experience of preparing agenda for board and board committee meetings and attending meetings and producing minutes;
* Willing acceptance of challenges;
* High degree of discretion and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
*Oversee the maintenance of the statutory registers of the company's clients on PC Sec;
*Prepare agenda for board and committee meetings;
*Attend meetings and produce minutes in a timely fashion;
*Develop and maintain written company secretarial procedures;
*Produce guidance notes on changes in company law, changes in the UK Listing Rules and AIM Rules and developments in corporate governance;
*Liaise with client companies' registrars in respect of dividends;
*Prepare notices of shareholder meetings, prepare scripts for chairmen and assist in the organisation of those meetings;
*Prepare Directors' Reports for listed and non-listed companies;
*Provide relevant input into Strategic Reports;
*Arrange for and manage the printing of annual accounts
*Manage and develop the company secretarial team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits
£90000.00 - £95000 per annum + BENEFITS & CAR ALLOWANCE
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€70000 - €80000.00 per annum
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + BENEFITS
£55000 - £75000 per annum + BENEFITS