Company Secretarial Assistant
|Job Title:||Company Secretarial Assistant|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £26000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Poppy Talyor|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019 16:55|
Working hours: Full-time
Location: Milton Keynes
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve "Gold Standard" Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes this a fantastic place to work.
Our national Corporate team, which in 2015 was ranked joint first for volume of corporate deals in the UK and fifth in Europe, is led by a team of partners widely regarded as leaders in their field and who are regularly recommended by clients for their reputation, personalities and outstanding expertise.
The Company Secretarial Team requires a person to work full time within the growing company secretarial team based in Milton Keynes. With this recruitment (which is to replace a leaver), the team will be six people, but further growth is expected over the next year.
This person would be responsible for carrying out company secretarial tasks, predominantly for private companies, with training being given.
The ideal candidate will either:
- have a law or business degree, with good knowledge of the Companies Act and with at least six months' experience of company secretarial work in a busy role; or
- be a part-qualified company secretary with at least six months' experience of company secretarial work in a busy role.
Experience in using Blueprint software (Blueprint Oneworld) is essential. Experience in using GEMS software may be useful but is not essential.
We consider this to be a level 1 competency.
* Incorporating companies (limited by shares and by guarantee), property management companies and LLPs - more than 150 electronic incorporations a year.
* Preparing both hard copy and electronic statutory books to be supplied to internal legal staff and external clients.
* Providing excellent company secretarial services to a wide range of clients, from single companies to large groups of well-known companies.
* Assisting with the maintenance of the statutory records and documents of our 330+ client companies, managing the relationships with shareholders and providing input into corporate restructurings. This will include audits and updates of the records of group companies for clients.
* Assisting with advising on registers of people with significant control ("PSC registers").
* Using the Blueprint database on a daily basis.
* Electronic filing (via Blueprint) and web filing of documents at Companies House.
* Drafting a wide range of board and shareholder resolutions including resignations, appointments, share allotments, name changes and company dissolutions.
* Preparing dormant company accounts.
* Dealing with administrative tasks relating to company secretarial matters.
* Dealing with daily post forwarding for our registered office service clients.
Property management companies:
* Providing excellent company secretarial services to property management companies and property developer clients.
* Dealing with handovers of residents' management companies to residents.
* Assisting the team director with billing and bill management tasks.
Skills and qualifications
* Ideally will be experienced in using Blueprint. Experience in using the GEMS database will be useful but not essential.
* Good use of grammar.
* Good IT skills. Able to use Word and Excel.
* Innovative and able to find the most efficient ways to carry out tasks.
* Able to manage several tasks at the same time in a busy and often pressurised environment.
* Able to work independently on company secretarial tasks.
* Organised and precise.
* Open minded about developing and adopting new ways of team working.
* Good sense of responsibility and ability to "own" a task until it is completed.
* Self-confident and friendly.
* Common sense.
* Highly responsive to clients.
* Able to anticipate emerging issues and able to study and master complicated issues.
* Demonstrates initiative and really thinks issues through.
* Good communicator who is professional but friendly. Able to communicate with demanding internal legal advisers and external clients.
* Enjoys working in a small team.
Please apply here or email/call me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 02030588005.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Company Secretary
Yorkshire and the Humber, England
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Financial Services Assistant Company Secretary
£40000 - £55000 per annum + + benefits
Corporate Governance Manager
Governance Manager x2