Assistant Company Secretary
|Job Title:||Assistant Company Secretary|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Leena Myers|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2017 10:28|
Overview of the Role
The candidate will support the Deputy Company Secretary with the provision of a full range of company secretarial support to the Board, its committees and subsidiaries. The primary focus of the Assistant Company Secretary is to ensure that the subsidiary Boards are supported and comply with their filing obligations, as well as providing full meeting support to certain regulated entities in the Group and assisting the Deputy Company Secretary.
The organisation is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange. The Assistant Company Secretary is expected to take responsibility for various routine filings across the listed exchanges as well as working with both the Deputy Company Secretary and the General Counsel where required in respect of other filings.
This successful candidate will be expected to operate and communicate at all levels of the Group, including liaison with Board Directors and Senior Management.
The candidate will report directly to the Deputy Company Secretary, along with the Administration Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the Deputy Company Secretary with ongoing meeting administration requirements of the Group Board and its committees;
· Assist with the preparation and release of stock exchange announcements to the NYSE and the ASX to comply with ongoing listing rule obligations
· Preparation of the Notice of Annual General Meeting;
· Provide company secretarial support for the Group and approximately 100 subsidiaries including overseas branch filings;
· Provide company secretarial advice and support to the business including certain committees and regulated entities;
· Assisting with the setting of agendas, attendance at meetings, preparation of minutes, management of minute reviews and following up action items for certain committees and regulated entities;
· Liaise with management regarding the provision and content of subsidiary Board papers;
· Ensure that all UK and certain overseas filings are up to date and made in accordance with statutory deadlines;
· Ensuring that Blueprint is up to date in respect of the subsidiary records.
· Delegate and oversee the Administration Assistant in respect of routine filings.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
· Relevant Company Secretariat qualifications
· Experience of working with Senior Managers at an Executive level in a Company Secretariat function
· Knowledge of relevant company law and company secretarial requirements
· Ideally a background and experience within financial services
· Experience with an electronic Board paper package such as Diligent would be beneficial
· Good knowledge of Board processes and routines
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Strong organisational skills
· Strong attention to detail
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
· Annual Performance Appraisal
· Completion of all assigned Compliance training
At a minimum the role requires the individual to:
· Place the interest of Janus Henderson's Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
· Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
· Understand and comply with all relevant Henderson policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time.
The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's