Senior Legal Counsel
Posted about 05 hours ago
The University of Sussex is a leading higher education and research institution. It is renowned for its commitment to educational excellence, groundbreaking research, and innovation. The success of Sussex is based on core values harboured throughout the university, courage, collaboration, inclusion, kindness, and integrity.
This role will join a well-established team of five legal professional, four Senior Legal Counsels and one Trainee within the University. As a member of the team the role will have excellent exposure to senior stakeholders with the University and will become a trusted advisor and partner, continuing to promote legal as an enabling function.
The role will provide a wide variety of legal advice to other members of the University therefore, you will have an open mind and interest in broadening your legal skills set. You will be able to work effectively and collaborate within a team to deliver the best possible outcome coupled with a passion for higher education.
Key skills and attributes:
- Ability to adopt a risk-based approach. Including analysing different situations and distilling information to advise on the best course of action.
- A desire to broaden your legal skill set.
- Have a proactive approach and an interest for higher education.
- Collaborative and positive mindset
- Competitive Salary.
- Hybrid working.
- Working within a friendly well established and innovative team.