Legal Counsel - Structured Finance
Posted about 09 hours ago
Our client offers market leading wellness and flexible benefits alongside competitive remuneration and consistent bonus performance. The legal function has a positive and strong identity within the business as well as an excellent social element.
Stemming from continued growth this will be a broad role advising on legal, regulatory and reputational topics across a wide range of transactions, with a particular focus on private placements, property related and more esoteric structured finance transactions, infrastructure debt investments and securitisation.
Working closely with internal teams (in particular the investments team) to review legal documents and ensure internal governance is followed. Including working with the Company Secretariat in providing the Board with support and advice.
- Focussing specifically on private placements, structured finance transactions, infrastructure debt investments and securitisation, and advising the investment team in relation to the same.
- Working with the private debt team to develop new investment strategies
- Assisting the Company Secretariat in providing support to the Board and CEO
- Assisting the General Counsel in providing advice to the Company
- Updating relevant teams on legal changes and developments
- Overseeing external legal providers
- Approximately 3-6 years pqe with a well regarded private practice firm or in-house team
- Experience in some of: private placement debt investments, structured finance transactions, infrastructure debt investments, securitisation and structures involving credit enhancement
- Commercial awareness, and an understanding of the aims of senior funders particularly institutional investors
- Understanding of financial services regulatory regime
- Understanding of legal issues for distressed assets in workout
- Experience with GMRAs, ISLA, ISDA and derivatives transaction
- Familiarity with the general principles of credit rating methodologies