Interim Assistant Company Secretary (Number 2 role) 18 month FTC
To £150,000 plus benefits dependent on experience
Posted about 07 hours ago
The role is to support the Company Secretary in providing high quality, proactive and effective company secretarial support to group and subsidiary boards and their committees.
The role you would play:
Board and committee support
- Managing group and subsidiary board and committee meeting processes – working with management to set agenda, briefing management teams on the lead times for the delivery of board and committee papers; and ensuring the timely publication of high quality materials;
- Developing a close working relationship with executives, boards and committee members;
- Tracking to completion actions arising from board and committee meetings;
- Maintaining board and committee records, including papers, minutes and other documentation.
- Statutory compliance – responsible for ensuring the maintenance of statutory records falling within the remit of the Secretariat team, and for ensuring the timely submission of statutory filings;
- Support and coordinate secretarial support arrangements for group’s overseas subsidiaries, where necessary
- Supporting corporate transactions as and when required, including drafting board resolutions and supporting briefing materials for board members; and Group job description
- Assisting in the production and approval of the annual report and accounts. Corporate Governance
- Monitoring changes in the business legislative and regulatory environment for both UK and overseas companies, understanding their impact and working in collaboration with key stakeholders to provide analysis and assessment.
- Acting as a point of contact within the Secretariat team for board members, the business and other stakeholders;
- Knowledge, management and negotiation of domestic and global KYC/AML requirements to support the group\'s global trading and investment activities
- Administrative tasks related to the activities of the Secretariat.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. ICSA/CGI part-qualified or qualified
- Experience in a company secretarial or senior administrative role
- A solid grasp of the requirements of the Companies Act and other relevant statutes
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly
- Adopts a methodical approach with excellent attention to detail
- Acts at all times with integrity and discretion, with a commitment to doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Takes responsibility for and ownership of decisions, actions and outcomes
- Ability to influence at all levels;
- A flexible can-do approach to relevant issues and to act promptly to ensure situations are dealt with appropriately, effectively and with professionalism.