Deputy Director of the division of Governance, Compliance and General Counsel (GCGC), Head of Legal
Posted about 06 hours ago
University of Sussex is a leading higher education and research institution. It is renowned for its commitment to educational excellence, groundbreaking research, and innovation. The success of Sussex is based on core values harboured throughout the university, courage, collaboration, inclusion, kindness, and integrity.
Reporting to the General Counsel and Director of Governance and Compliance, this role will lead on the development and implementation of a legal services strategy for the University including the development of a value proposition and core service offering for the University’s six strong in house-legal team.
Along with leading the team the role will also involve being the lead legal representative for several key projects including a significant capital programme, ensuring legal has a strategic input in supporting on their delivery.
As Deputy the position will also provide support to the General Counsel, attending key steering committees, horizon scanning, and providing strategic direction and input on regulatory and legislative changes.
Key skills and attributes:
- Experience in managing a team. Including the delivery of a training programme, creating an engaging environment and ability to support others in development of their legal career.
- Ability to adopt a risk-based approach. Including analysing different situations and distilling information to identify the best course of action.
- Ability to adopt a holistic approach, balancing competing factors to tackle different issues.
- Have a proactive approach and an interest in higher education.
- Collaborative and positive mindset
- Competitive Salary.
- Hybrid working.
- Working within a friendly team and exciting environment.