Deputy Company Secretary
Posted about 04 hours ago
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading UK charity as their new Deputy Company Secretary. Reporting into the General Counsel & Company Secretary, this role will manage 2 junior members of the secretariat team and will be responsible for leading the Company Secretariat function.
- To effectively lead and develop an inclusive and high performing Secretariat team.
- To help evolve the governance framework to effectively support the charity, providing advice and guidance, and delivering key initiatives to enhance and improve corporate governance.
- Managing and coordinating the governance cycle including:
- Administration of Council, Committee and Executive Board meetings.
- A robust process for distribution of papers, ensuring papers are fit for purpose.
- Attending Council and Committee meetings.
- Prepare relevant content for the annual report and accounts and liaise with external auditors.
- Oversee and implement organisation and preparation of the charity’s AGM.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Company Secretary with extensive experience of corporate governance at a senior level, and will be confident liasing with individuals at all levels within an organisation.
Our client is happy to consider candidates from both a charity/NFP background and those with experience working within the private sector.
This role is offering a salary up to £63,000, alongside a hybrid working pattern of 1-2 days in the office per week (plus the requirement to attend board meetings).
If this sounds like something you could be interested in then please either apply below, email me at email@example.com or call 020 3058 1455 .