Company Secretarial Assistant
Posted about 11 hours ago
MAIN DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
To provide support to the Secretariat team in a challenging and varied environment on all aspects of the Secretariat function with particular focus on administration of all employee share schemes, subsidiary entity management and providing Co Sec support to various committees across the firm.
- Administrative support for subsidiary Boards and committees.
- Liaise with individuals responsible for producing papers.
- Manage the distribution of papers via Diligent.
- Minute various meeting and monitor follow up actions.
- Maintain rolling calendars of events.
- Provide assistance and cover to the Board Co-ordinator where required with the Plc Board and its Committees administration; paper collation and distribution; logistical and admin support for Non-Executive Directors.
- Support the annual general meeting process working closely with the registrars and preparation of the meeting.
- RNS & FCA – issue of standard Stock Exchange announcements, e.g. directors’ dealings, major shareholder holdings, block listing, directorate changes.
- Maintaining statutory books and other key governance processes (e.g. directors’ share interests, the insider dealing list etc).
- Prepare and web file all Companies House forms including change in officers, change in share capital, filing of all the Annual Accounts and the Confirmation Statements for all UK subsidiary companies.
- Participate in the preparation and review of the UK subsidiaries’ Annual Reports and Accounts approval process.
- Provide assistance and advice to Group colleagues on ad hoc projects including changes to subsidiary company articles, corporate governance and statutory audits, group re-organisations, purchases of own shares etc.
- Administering employee and discretionary share schemes, including key events such as grants, vesting’s and tax returns.
- Manage the firm’s share capital data.
- Work with third party vendor on annual invitation and maturity of employee and discretionary share schemes.
- Work closely with the EBT on share grants and vestings.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly share reconciliation reports for announcements and finance.
- Prepare annual tax returns for share schemes.
- Supporting the production of the annual report and notice of AGM.
- Supporting the management of the Company’s share registrar and share plan administrator.
- Overseeing corporate governance policies (e.g. Board committee terms of reference, the Share Dealing Code), making sure they are kept up to date.
- Maintaining the governance section of the firm’s website.
- Ensure insider trading policy is implemented across the business and ensure records are maintained for each transactions.
- Maintenance of insider lists in compliance with the regulations
- Draft procedural notes and manual for company secretarial tasks on an ongoing basis.
- Provide update research on new areas of governance and company law.
- Support the Company Secretary on corporate projects.
- Prior experience of working in a UK listed company secretariat is essential with at least 3 to 4 years of company secretarial experience.
- ICSA Qualified or Studying ICSA qualifications.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and always looking to contribute to the department’s overall objectives.
- Flexible attitude, able to cope with unexpected and varied demands
- Highly organised, process driven and has a good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact confidently with people at all levels.
- A good level of IT literacy and a willingness to further develop your understanding of company law, governance and listed company regulation.